Position:Operations Team Leader
Permanent Contract:40 hours/week, CDI contract with immediate start
Responsible to Operations Manager
We have a great opportunity for someone to join an established and rapidly expanding travel business. Lifts-To is a leading transfer booking agent, acting as an intermediary between transfer providers and clients. Launched as Ski-Lifts in 2003, our talented team and custom in-house system enabled strong growth in the ski industry and additional sectors such as golf and cruising. Our business now provides transfer coverage at all European ski resorts, as well as the most popular resorts in North America; That’s coverage in 24 countries and 300 ski resort resorts.
As the Operations Team Leader, you will work closely with the Deputy Operations Manager to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of all transfers and the delivery of excellent levels of customer service. He will be responsible for helping to recruit, train and monitor the performance of a Morzine-based operations team.
You will be responsible for recruiting and managing our team of Geneva airport representatives. You are expected to work at the airport on weekends during the ski season managing all transfers operating from Geneva airport and providing an excellent customer service experience to all clients.
You have excellent communication (written and verbal), critical thinking, and problem solving skills. You will adapt to different situations, work well in high pressure environments, have a good level of stress tolerance with the ability to use your initiative, multitask and problem solve in time sensitive situations. Has an inherently conscientious and collaborative attitude toward work and teammates with a “can do” attitude and determination to complete the task at hand.
Minimum 2 years experience in the travel industry (tour operator, travel agent/reservations, resort experience).
Minimum 1 year experience in team management (recruitment, training and mentoring).
Your focus will be;
- Working with the Operations leadership team to ensure we provide exceptional customer service and maintain company SLAs
- Responsible for the smooth running of weekend arrival transfers at Geneva Airport during the ski season, managing a small team of airport representatives and liaising with suppliers and customers face to face, from our desk in the lounge arrivals
- Manage shared email inboxes for all brands; ensuring all emails are answered in accordance with company SLAs, routing communications to the appropriate department or teammate, resolving all issues, and answering any questions.
- Answer emails and phone callsunique in a timely and efficient manner. Cover on-call shifts (which will be outside normal office hours)
- Gestion of reservs; answer phone calls and emails. Working from our personalized reservation system for; generate quotes; create reservations; take payments; update reservations; confirm pick up times
- Operational duties: troubleshooting, communicating pickup times and vital booking information. Communication of comments to the customer service department
- Ensure that all required information for suppliers and customers is communicated and collated to ensure that transfers are made with the same efficiency and to the required standards
- Take responsibility for issues, but work as a team member when appropriate
- Maintain open communication with all teammates; we share tasks and collaborate as a team to make sure we provide the best and most efficient service possible
- Providing excellent customer service at all times
- Fluent English at native level (both written and spoken)
- Fluent in French
- Any other language is a benefit
- Customer Service Experience: Either face to face or via phone/email in a similar setting (call center, reservations agent, resort representative, etc.)
- Email and phone experience in a professional environment
- Computer literate with experience in booking systems, Excel and emails
- Experience and knowledge of the transfer industry
- Knowledge and skills related to various areas of the travel industry (skiing, golf, cruises, business, etc.)
- ‘On call’ experience
- Knowledge of the ski resort
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to make quick and well-informed decisions in accordance with company SLAs
Please note that this Job Description may be changed at any time and does not reflect all functions of the position.
- Contract duration: CDI
- Planned start date: Immediate
- 40 hours per week
- Salary: 30-32,000 EUR Gross Annual, depending on experience
- The contract includes a local Morzine/Avoriaz/Les Gets ski pass.
- Overtime is paid at an additional 25% per hour.
- For any hours worked at Geneva airport, your salary will be supplemented by the Swiss minimum hourly wage.
Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
PostingOperations Team Leaderfirst appeared inChairlifts.